Thursday 5 July 2007

The Scholarly Zoo

W.B.L. is a scholarly zoo in the summer! I was having a meeting with my coworkers and saw one of my committee members pass by. I've run into another professor who happened to be the moderator of my first-ever paper panel. After greeting my committee member (who's taking me out for dinner! Yum!), I had an email from one of my good friends from school who was in the Reading Room looking at manuscripts asking whether I wanted to have lunch!

I'm having a hard time being lonely when so many people I know are around me! Tonight I'm celebrating a belated July 4th with a group of medievalist friends, all of whom I met through blogging and have since become friends with. We're going to a London barbecue joint, which should be pretty interesting, especially for a barbecue aficionado such as myself.

No comments: