Friday 6 July 2007

Realization of the Day:


The Brits Can Barbecue!

Last night I went out with a group of Brits, Canadians, and Americans to SohoBodean's, for a lovely meal. I was very incredulous that the barbecue was going to be good, but I was happily mistaken! I had the Sampler, which included pulled pork, ribs, chicken, and sausage, along with coleslaw and fries. Everything was a little dry, but they provided extra sauce to go with the meat, which made all the difference! I almost didn't get dessert, but since everyone else was, I couldn't let the waitress down, so I ordered Sweet Potato Bread Pudding. Mmmmmm. It was the highlight of my meal and something that I'm definitely going to try and make in the autumn for Thanksgiving.

Tomorrow, I'm off with Dr. Virago to explore the Camden Lock Market and then go to a pub meet-up in the afternoon.

It looks to be a fun weekend! I can't forget, though, that I have a paper I need to send off to my editors soon. Sunday, I'll be writing up a storm.

No comments: