Tuesday 3 July 2007

Realization of Yesterday:

Talking to my husband is awesome.

Yesterday was my first day at work. Instead of a normal day, which is probably pretty slow-moving in the grand scheme of things (trust me, the medieval manuscripts aren't going anywhere), my first day was the beginning of a big conference for scholars of manuscripts. My boss was running this 100 person affair, and as she's new to the job, this was her 'coming out party' for her new position. She didn't handle her stress very well at all, I realized, after emailing my mom. I also had a migraine yesterday, so my day really didn't go as smoothly as I'd hoped.

When I got back to my room, I immediately opened my laptop, logged onto Skype, plugged in my camera, and had a free face-to-face call with my husband and Leslie, a good friend and neighbor.

I heartily recommend Skype for those of you who want to talk to your loved ones who aren't close by. Cameras are relatively inexpensive, and talking over your internet connection is completely free. Yay for modern technology!

1 comment:

Kevin E said...

Talking to my wife is pretty awesome too!