Saturday 30 May 2009

Sunny Day...

It's positively balmy here in London today.  I walked down to the British Museum to see thier recently-renovated medieval gallery.  It was very nice, but there were far too many screaming children and hordes of Italian toursits for me to get more than a cursory glance at most of the exhibits.  

There was also a tiny exhibit on Javanese Gamelan, which was cool.  The British Museum is going to have an accompanying concert coming up, so I might attend if I have a spare moment.  

This afternoon I'm taking the tube down to the Victoria and Albert Museum, which inexplicably has an exhibit on hats.  There are also a couple fashion exhibits that look interesting.  After, I'm meeting a friend who lived in the dorms with me during my first go-round at the B.L.  She's recently gotten married, so I get to meet her husband as well.  If I can manage the tube on a hot London day (trust me, it's nasty), it should be fun!

No comments: