Sunday 31 May 2009

Of Hats and Harrod's

After yesterday's trip to the British Museum, I went to the Victoria and Albert museum to see a few of their galleries. I ended up spending most of my time in the Fashion and Asian galleries, which were organized beautifully. 

Early in the evening, I met with K. and her husband M. to grab a cup of coffee. Coffee soon turned into a picnic at Hyde Park, which required food! On our way to Hyde Park, we stopped at Hotel Chocolat and grabbed a few types of chocolate to try (mainly salted-almond truffles and a mini fruit-and-nut bar.) Along with our sandwich from Paul's, we had the perfect early dinner. 
We watched people in their paddle boats and made snarky comments about a few people in row boats who couldn't figure out how to row them in a straight line. 

Then we made our way to Harrod's, which was a blast. I was amazed at the millinery section. One day, I will totally wear a head-piece like this to a wedding. Just watch me.  We had a blast looking at the housewares section, the food-halls, and the amazing clothes.

We ended our evening at LadurĂ©e, which has a small cafe tucked away inside of Harrod's. I tried their bergamot macaron, as well as my favorite, the pistachio, along with some rose tea.  

It was a wonderful day -- I had such a good time with H. and M. They live in New Jersey, and their hospitality may be what gets me to finally visit New York!

1 comment:

Kathy Walker said...

You would look stunning....those behind you could look through the feathers!