Wednesday 19 September 2007

Realization of the Day

Autumn is here.

It didn't take long. Yesterday morning, there was that characteristic nip in the air as I walked out my front door and a few brightly colored leaves swirling about my feet. This morning the nip returned, complete with wind and a little rain. Autumn pulls no punches here -- it stole summer away without a second glance. I guess it's good that I'm leaving in a week since I only have a few sweaters with me. Last night I stayed out late at a party with coworkers, and as I walked home at 10:30pm, I realized that a few months ago, it would have been dusk instead of the dead of night as it was now.


Still, it would be nice to see the new season come in earnest, even if it does mean shorter days, longer scarves, and red leaves swirling at my feet.

No comments: