Friday 31 August 2007

Realization of the Day:

It all boils down to this...

These last 4 weeks are going to be the hardest. Before, I had months left in my time here, so I could leisurely plan (or avoid planning) research outings for my dissertation and fun things. Now, I officially have less than a month remaining in my time here, and I have to say that these next full weeks are going to be packed with all the things that I've been meaning to do. To say nothing about all the manuscripts I need to look at while I'm at Oxford next weekend. I need to work like a madwoman at the WBL in order to finish with my projects, especially since I've been given such amazing ones.

This weekend I'm going to the Imperial War Museum and down to Richmond on Sunday for a stroll along the Thames and a screening of Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal.

Life's rough, no? At least I'm not in my un-airconditioned apartment right now while its being painted! (Sorry, K.)

2 comments:

Kathy Walker said...

I am so sorry that I will miss out on the painting. "Please help me move, and, by the way, here's a paint brush."

B said...

Oy. It has been so very hot here--and although I moved several Augusts running in AZ I'm still not looking forward to moving tomorrow and Sunday. At least the old tenants moved out early and the place got painted a few days ago so should be reasonably fume-free. At least there is that.