Wednesday 11 July 2007

Realization of the Day:

A river runs through England!!?

Yes silly girl, there is. Today I crossed the Thames for the first time since I arrived. A professor of mine, who happens to be on my doctoral committee, invited me to dinner at a restaurant that overlooks the Thames. During lunch today I stared up at the glassy, grey sky and sighed. The chances for blue skies and a nice view were rather dim.

When we got to the restaurant at around 8pm the sun hadn't even set and the sky was mostly blue! The sun set as we ate our wonderful meal and talked about London, films, and giggled at our very hapless French waitress. It was a wonderful view, and an ever-changing one since the shadows were constantly changing. We rode the bus home and I actually made it back to my dorm-hovel without getting lost once! I've been very lucky to have so many friends and colleagues passing through London whilst I'm here.

1 comment:

acronym enthusiast said...

le sigh...
it all sounds so romantic. working on medieval manuscripts by day, witty banter and candlelight dinners by night...